Important Notice from: Baptist Heating & Air Inc.
Tuesday night through Thursday we will have temperatures that will be below the design temperatures of your HVAC System in Indianapolis and surrounding areas. The design temperature for our area is 5 degrees. So anytime the temperatures drop below 10 degrees there can be problems heating. This artic blast could possibly drop the temperature in your home to lower than what you have your setpoint set at. These low outdoor temps will cause newer homes to struggle to maintain temperature and older homes likely will NOT maintain temperature at your setpoint. Which means the temperature in your home may drop while the heating system is still functioning correctly and working at full capacity.
1. Please raise the temperature in your home on Tuesday 2 to 4 degrees above your normal setting.
2. Take all programmable thermostats out of setback mode and set on a permanent HOLD.
3. Replace the filter(s) on your furnace or air handler.
4. Keep garage doors closed.
5. Limit opening any exterior doors.
6. Make sure all air vents are not blocked or obstructed.
7. If you have a 90%+ furnace, you must keep the PVC intake &exhaust clear of ice build up.
If the temperatures drop in your home, it will not be able to recover until temperatures.
To help minimize temperature loss you can boil water, make soup or stews; they help introduce humidity and warmer temperatures into your home. You can even make cookies! But do not use your oven or a grill to heat your home. Please check on neighbors and elderly residents during these extreme temperatures. Stay warm and safe this week and share this with any of your family and friends.
The key is do NOT panic with falling temps inside your home if you have heat coming out of your registers. It is probably doing all that it can.
If you need us, or have a question give us a call at Baptist Heating & Air, Inc. at 317-782-1900
Stay safe and make sure to bring your pets inside!